ELGIN – Elgin has up to date its voting wards to replicate shifts within the metropolis’s inhabitants.
In a particular assembly Monday, Elgin Metropolis Council authorized a map containing the brand new voting wards. These wards are as follows:
- Ward 1: The world throughout the metropolis limits bounded by Nation Aire Estates and unplatted parcels within the north half of Part 24, T4N, R11W and the northwest quarter of Part 19, T4N, R10W; the west halves of the northeast and southeast quarters of Part 23, T4N, R11W and the northeast quarter of the southeast quarter of Part 23, T4N, R11W. The ward additionally consists of the northeast quarter of Part 35, T4N, R11W; Legacy Estates and the remainder of Part 36, T4N, R11W; Elgin Medical Plaza Addition Part 1, Block 1, Lot 1; Kingsman Condo Properties Addition and different unplatted tracts within the south quarter of Part 25, T4W, R11W west of Interstate 44.
Ward boundaries start on the intersection of U.S. Freeway 277 and D Road and proceed east and northeast alongside U.S. 277 to Windy Street, then proceed north to the northeast nook of the southwest quarter of Part 30, T4N, R10W. The boundaries proceed east to the east proper of manner on I-44, then southwest alongside the fitting of technique to U.S. 277.
The boundaries then proceed east to A Road, south to First Road and east to D Road, then north to the place to begin.
- Ward 2: The world beginning on the intersection of First and D streets and persevering with east to the intersection of First and Keeney Street, then north to the north boundary of the Ok-Lowe Addition. The boundaries proceed west to Ok Road, north to Fourth and Ok streets, west to F Road, north to State Freeway 17, west to D and south to the place to begin.
- Ward 3: The world bounded by Rock Bridge Estates Addition, Apple Creek Estates Addition, Bridgetown Estates Addition, Bridge City South Addition, Twin Creek Addition Tons 1-3 and 11-12 (Metropolis Park). The ward additionally consists of the east half of the southeast quarter and the west half of the southwest quarter of Part 32, T4N, R10W plus different unplatted tracts within the west half of the southeast quarter of Part 32, T4N, R10W.
- Ward 4: The world bounded by Kolker Estates Addition and different unplatted tracts within the southeast quarter of Part 30, T4N, R10W; Shadow Ridge Addition, Willow Creek Estates Addition, Smallwood Acres Addition and Elgin Memorial Cemetery. The ward begins on the intersection of Fourth and F streets and continues north to SH 17, then east to Keeney Street. The ward continues south to the north boundary of the Ok-Lowe Addition, west to Ok Road, north to Fourth and Ok and west to the place to begin.
In different enterprise, the council:
- Boosted the mayor’s compensation to both $700 per 30 days, plus the town’s fundamental medical health insurance package deal, or $1,000 per 30 days.
The mayor’s compensation was both $300 per 30 days, plus medical health insurance, or $600 per 30 days. The change is not going to take impact till the subsequent mayoral election.
The town has not up to date the mayor’s compensation for at the very least a decade, mentioned Councilman Sean Bateman.
“I feel it’s lengthy overdue to extend it,” he mentioned. “It definitely comes nowhere close to compensating the mayor for the scope and time required for what Elgin is now.”
The change will happen with the subsequent mayoral election and won’t have an effect on the present mayor.
- Waived the requirement to acquire a allow for fireworks throughout the metropolis limits on the Saturday earlier than the Fourth of July, in addition to July 3 and 4. If the Fourth falls on a Saturday, the allow requirement can be waived just for July 3 and 4.
- Required all new fence development and main fence repairs (greater than 50% of the fence) to incorporate a gate to the alley or the again of the property.
- Approved the town clerk/treasurer to increase the cutoff date for individuals who haven’t paid their water invoice for 48 hours past the unique date. The mayor has the discretion to resolve whether or not to grant a further extension.
- The council additionally set a $250 tremendous for tampering with water meters.
- Raised the price for sewer faucets from $75 to $150 and licensed metropolis employees to carry out the faucets.
- Permitted the position of cease indicators on the following intersections: Seventh and D streets, Sixth and G streets, H and Third streets, Sixth and H, and Second and H.